Comments

If you have enjoyed these photos then you may also enjoy viewing some of the comments that have been posted by others who have also viewed this website - you can read these down below, note that they go over several pages! And if you wish to add your own comments then I would encourage you to do so, just fill in the details below - don’t include your e-mail address unless you wish me to be able to reply to you, I can subsequently remove it if you wish. (You’ll need to include the 8 squiggly letters for your comment to be accepted, this is a necessary evil to prevent automatically generated spam entries being included; also, it may take a few hours before your comment appears below!).

Thank you for your interest!

Guestbook

Note: Your message will be validated by the guestbook administrator
  Fields marked with an asterisk * are required.
Pages: 4 5 6 7 8 (15)

Name: Scott Baillie
E-mail: uphillfan@live.co.uk
Sent: 04/05/2011 01:04:12 pm

What a trip! - Attended in mid/late seventies and this brings it all back.
Went for job interview there years later and disappointed that the dearstalkers were proud of the fact that they managed to erect a byre on the track 'to put stop to those bally hooligans'. (I didn't get the job!!)
Need to try to dig out some of my own photos tonight

Name: Graham Forbes
E-mail: fairview.forbes@btinternet.com
Sent: 03/06/2011 09:03:56 pm

What a trip down memory lane ! Like you Iain, I was taken along to Ingliston for the first time as a schoolboy in 1969 after badgering my Dad for weeks due to an ever increasing interest in motorsport. I visited regularly over the years and in 1975 & 76 I was a blue flag marshal at the Hairpin & Southstand. Jackie Stewart was my childhood hero and I continue to add to my huge collection of memorabilia associated with him. It is still a great regret that I didn't manage to attend Ingliston when Jackie demonstrated his Tyrrell 003 but I have subsequently met him on a number of occasions and he really is a proper gent happily giving up his time to give autographs. I hope to meet him again in the summer at the Goodwood Festival of Speed which I have attended for the past 2 years and enjoyed it so much that myself and my 19 year old son now make it an annual pilgrimage.

Your Ingliston photos brought back so many memories and has reminded me of similar photos I took myself which I must dig out some time.

Name: stuart drysdale
E-mail: g40moo@talktalk.net
Sent: 01/30/2011 07:01:37 pm

hi v. interesting, my 1st memory of ingleston was willie forbes driving alola5000 shame on highland show society for finishing it off.fofbes was a farmer (i think)like me &many other competitors.i v never been back to highland show since. good luck to them!
Name: Alex Knox
E-mail: akccknox@aol.com
Sent: 01/25/2011 06:01:47 am

Great pictures. I attended from 1968 till the circuit stopped. Also raced in FF1600 from 1984 till 1988? I say raced but more likely took part but enjoyed Ingliston circuit and the McRobert Pavilion for a beer after the racing.

Do you have any pictures of Graham and Gerry Birrell, also the Wylies Escorts?

Name: Graeme Storey
E-mail: graeme@bailahouse.com
Sent: 01/05/2011 01:01:26 pm

Real great to find a website about Ingliston Circuit.

For many years my father (Gerald Storey) was Chief Fire, Track & Communications Marshal and it was a labour of love organising all the marshal passes, documents and sending out all the reminders etc. Many a day we had piles of stuff in the living room in readiness for the following weekend's race meeting. I seem to recall there were over 200 marshals under my fathers care?

I was certainly a regular lad (in my early teens) every meeting with my special 'access all areas' pass, helped with filling in when a marshal was missing and ran errands to find people and stuff. Met Jim Clark and Jackie Stewart (the weekend before the fateful Hockenheim race where we lost JC) but I still remember the passion that they both had for the sport, even just being onlookers at the races. Lots of brilliant memories, and it was where I learnt to drive on the special marshal-only days. No question it infused the petrol into my veins!

Keep up the good work!

Name: Robert Smith
E-mail: ras750@hotmail.com
Sent: 12/03/2010 11:12:23 pm

Brilliant website, I used to visit regularly from 1969 onwards, first as a schoolboy. Ingliston started my interest in cars and probably contributed to me wanting to be a mechanic when I left school! I served my apprenticeship at Appleyard Edinburgh and from about 1976 to 1978 me and a fellow mechanic Jimmy used to drive the Appleyard Land Rover and trailer round to pick up the wreckage after each race . I'll need to look out some pics and post them on the website for you.
Cheers
Rob

Name: Alex Knox
E-mail: akccknox@aol.com
Sent: 12/02/2010 10:12:45 pm

Thanks for the great pictures and happy times.

Do you have any pictures of the races in 1985/86? I raced one of Tom Browns Van Diemans then my own car for a few years.

Name: Allen Brown
E-mail: allen@oldracingcars.com
Sent: 11/16/2010 12:11:44 pm

Hi Iain

I just spotted your picture of Jim Baird's Chevron B23 in 1977 (http://www.ingliston-circuit.co.uk/photos/1977/html/ingliston1977_22.html). Could I possibly get a larger scan of that image to use on my Chevron B19 page (http://www.oldracingcars.com/chevron/b19/). I'm not sure but I think that's the Peter McNaughton B19 and could have then gone to Ray Petry in the US. Your photograph my be a crucial clue.

Many thanks

Best regards
Allen

Name: Raymond Stewart
E-mail: raymond53@hotmail.co.uk
Sent: 11/14/2010 11:11:54 pm

Great pictures and memories.
I wonder if you have any pictures of my cars? I did Sprints and Hillclimbs in 1979 in a lime green Clan Crusader and Sprints, Hillclimbs and Ingliston race meetings in 1984 and 1985 in a black and gold Clan sponsored by Iain Graham Ltd. If you could find the time to look for some I would be extremely grateful.

Name: Charles Walker
E-mail: charlesdwalker1@yahoo.co.uk
Sent: 11/11/2010 04:11:38 pm

Thanks for a great look back at what were truly fantastic Sunday afternoons at Ingleston. The place had an atmosphere unlike any other circuit. Great memories.

The site is fantastic and thanks for sharing your pictures.

Charles Walker

P.S. Has anyone got pictures of Frank Gardeners Chevrolet Camaro when he visited in 74 or 75??

Copyright © 2013 by Scorrybreck Web Designs. All rights reserved.

Guestbook Admin