Comments

If you have enjoyed these photos then you may also enjoy viewing some of the comments that have been posted by others who have also viewed this website - you can read these down below, note that they go over several pages! And if you wish to add your own comments then I would encourage you to do so, just fill in the details below - don’t include your e-mail address unless you wish me to be able to reply to you, I can subsequently remove it if you wish. (You’ll need to include the 8 squiggly letters for your comment to be accepted, this is a necessary evil to prevent automatically generated spam entries being included; also, it may take a few hours before your comment appears below!).

Thank you for your interest!

Guestbook

Note: Your message will be validated by the guestbook administrator
  Fields marked with an asterisk * are required.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 (15)

Name: Iain Nicolson
E-mail: iainsnicolson@btinternet.com
Sent: 10/22/2013 02:10:42 pm

Hi Graham, had a look at your photos, there's quite a few interesting ones in there! Since your photos pretty much start where mine finish, they may be of interest to others viewing my website, so would it be ok for me to add a link to your pictures from my 'Links' page?
Name: Graham Povey
Sent: 10/22/2013 12:10:11 am

I spent a lot of Sunday afternoons at Ingliston in the mid 70s. There were a lot of memories in those photos.
I've taken a few myself and my collection starts about the time yours ends.

Name: Iain Nicolson
Sent: 10/02/2013 09:10:53 am

Hi Robbie, I've never been aware of stock cars being at Ingliston. I suggest you perhaps try adding your query on the Autosport Nostalgia forum (http://forums.autosport.com/forum/10-the-nostalgia-forum/) This Ingliston website is not a forum as such, merely a place to leave Ingliston-related comments and so I would be surprised if you got much of a response from here. Good luck!
Name: robbie mason
Sent: 10/01/2013 12:10:36 pm

Hi can anyone tell me if stock cars ever raced at Ingliston even in a demo or not.. I can remember bikes racing there as I could hear them on a Sunday (i think) from my parents house at Broomhall! Sad to think a perfectly good race track gone to waste. Any help much appreciated
Name: Kenneth Beattie
E-mail: kandel1970@hotmail.co.uk
Sent: 07/18/2013 03:07:14 pm

Hi Iain, at the age of 64 my wife & I have bought our 1st computer! The ingliston site is one of the 1st places I just had to visit! Your pictures have engulfed my memory banks with total and utter pleasure! I first visited the racetrack in 1965 age 16, from 1966 complete with my own car I didnt miss a meeting until 1976 when our son was born & even then I started taking him with me in 1977, the pair of us have wonderful memories of father & son days out at the circuit. Needless to say he is now a fanatical motor racing fan like me! Thanks again for the memories Iain. Kenneth Beattie.

Name: Simon Gallacher
E-mail: sgallacher65@gmail.com
Sent: 06/23/2013 10:06:14 pm

Excellent! Utterly excellent! No Eddie Labinjoh and Radio Forth, but my brother in law Brian Srevenson. Remember so fondly the Jackie Stewart appearance. Many thanks,
Simin

Name: Alastair Calderwood
E-mail: alastair.calderwood@gmail.com
Sent: 05/06/2013 01:05:17 pm

Great memories of Ingliston. From the mid seventies until the early eighties my older brother was the press officer for race meetings. He also came up with the idea for, and did, the pit walk interviews so I spent a lot of time in the pits and on the balcony of the MacRobert Pavilion doing the lap charts. No Jenny Birrell or Davina Galitsa in your photos! Noel Edmonds quote on being beaten by Jenny; 'She's got bigger bumpers than me.' genuine quote over the track PA.
Name: James Denty
E-mail: peterdentyracing@tinyworld.co.uk
Sent: 12/11/2012 12:12:55 pm

Enjoyed looking at your photos. I was wondering if you may have some photos of Jack Fisher in his 'Fisher Lancia' single seater - raced at Ingliston 1967-68. We're trying to piece together the history for this car as we have recently found it.
Name: Richard Bishop-Miller
E-mail: richard@bishopmiller.co.uk
Sent: 09/14/2012 08:09:38 pm

Does anyone have any pictures of the Wilson GT which was raced by Tim Wilson and Alistair Mackintosh at Ingliston from 1965, it is shown in the picture of the 1966 GT grid (is there any chance of a larger copy please ?) just in front of the Fisher GT (now-a-days the Fisher spider) or any copies of programs or results showing the same.
We are just starting to rebuild the Wilson GT which has been in cardboxes for 30 years +

Name: Steve
E-mail: sailingby@operamail.com
Sent: 09/13/2012 07:09:21 pm

Wow brought back a few memories there! I remember the escort in the toilet block incident, and Jenny B. socking it to the guys as well as the sounds of the crazy engined skoda and beetle. Watching JYS demo the Tyrrell. seeing the old Ecurie Ecosse transporter, falling in love with a D type Jag and when a bit older, a shakedown of the new Ecurie Ecosse C2 car with Mike Wilds and David Leslie.
As a youngster I went with my Dad and was lucky to meet many of the drivers and characters in the paddock and in the Macrobert afterwards.
Ian, Could you send me your e-mail ? please, as I would love to ask you about 2 of the older pics in particular, many thanks, Steve.

Copyright © 2013 by Scorrybreck Web Designs. All rights reserved.

Guestbook Admin