Comments

If you have enjoyed these photos then you may also enjoy viewing some of the comments that have been posted by others who have also viewed this website - you can read these down below, note that they go over several pages! And if you wish to add your own comments then I would encourage you to do so, just fill in the details below - don’t include your e-mail address unless you wish me to be able to reply to you, I can subsequently remove it if you wish. (You’ll need to include the 8 squiggly letters for your comment to be accepted, this is a necessary evil to prevent automatically generated spam entries being included; also, it may take a few hours before your comment appears below!).

Thank you for your interest!

Guestbook

Note: Your message will be validated by the guestbook administrator
  Fields marked with an asterisk * are required.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 (15)

Name: Andrew Esslemont
E-mail: Andy1val@btinternet.com
Sent: 06/14/2015 11:06:04 am

I used to help build and maintain Bob and Murray Burgess V8 Mark 2 Escort, Formula Ford and also Stiletto Imp
Name: John Flynn
E-mail: jajenterprises@btinternet.com
Sent: 02/27/2015 12:02:15 am

I have just been working at Ingliston on a Honda car launch event with some fellow Motor sport competitors (well Ex in most cases!!Lol), and loved the nostalgia of being able to drive on some of the old track. i was also pleased to hear that they are looking to do a "Goodwood-type" Revival meeting ther this year. I would also like to say thank you to YOU for maintaining this fascinating site, and for all your great pictures.
Name: Ian MacIver
Sent: 02/03/2015 11:02:28 pm

Hi Ian
just found your site tonight, the photos bring back lots of memories from spectating at Ingliston from around 1977 to 1987. Remembered most of the well known drivers but had forgotten a lot of the lesser known. Good times.

Name: Alan Lygo
E-mail: alan@lygo.info
Sent: 01/31/2015 05:01:09 pm

Thanks for the website, I am visiting Edinburgh this yaer and you have helped me locate the historic track - regards
Name: Peter Aylett
E-mail: peteraylett@btinternet.com
Sent: 01/26/2015 10:01:34 am

I am trying to establish the paint scheme that was on a Chevron B6 entered and driven by Graham Birrell in a race at Ingliston on 16/8/70. The car was owned by Denys Dobbie (DART racing). Was the car painted in the DART blue with white arrow which was used on the subsequent Chevron B16 and later cars? If there is a colour image or programme entry which gives the colour I would be very grateful to hear.
Thanks for a very interesting website.
Best regards
Peter Aylett

Name: David Allen
E-mail: david@allen37.plus.com
Sent: 09/14/2014 03:09:35 pm

Thanks for your excellent site. I have been writing up memories of early racing at Ingliston with Hillman Imps. In 1964 to 1966 I was Rootes sales Rep for South Scotland and helped my friend and colleague Tony Charnell, who was the Commer Cars Rep also for South Scotland, start a racing programme with a Rally Imp. He was sponsored by Hamilton Bros Paisley and later joined them as a General Manager of a dealership in Corstorphine. We struggeld as amateurs to beat established Mini racers from Dumfries and Galloway, registration number BOX1 and BOX,2 until we invited the Alan Fraser Racing Team to send up two of the Fraser Imps who won easily. Good memories and thank you.
Name: Shane Molloy
E-mail: rebarboss@hotmail.co.uk
Sent: 09/13/2014 05:09:56 pm

Hi, looking up Ingliston 1976 on the internet brought me here. Have some very good memories of this circuit, I remember my Dad taking us around it in the snow(close season) in a Mustang look alike Toyota Celica, lots of sideways action! He also won the first race of the 1976 season in a Corolla, sponsored by Graeme + Morton and went on to win his class that year. If anyone has memorabilia, photos ,programmes etc., I would love to hear from you.
Name: Kenneth Beattie
E-mail: kandel1970@hotmail.co.uk
Sent: 08/28/2014 09:08:55 pm

Hi Ian, Kenneth here, assume you were at Knockhill last w/end as we heard a 'txt the tower' from you asking if the lotus 43 was the ex Jock Russel car-shame on you, thought you'd have known that! Wish I'd known you were there, would've loved a chat about old Ingliston days. Tried to chat to Dougie Niven but did'nt get the opportunity. Hope you saw the Forth Bridge display-awesome watching the 43 being driven over the bridge! Have to admit I did'nt see much of the touring cars as my wife had difficulty peeling me away from the 43!! Regards, Kenneth
Name: John Brown
E-mail: jmbroons@ntlworld.com
Sent: 06/20/2014 10:06:56 pm

Iain

Found your site today when I entered Jaynick GT into Google as I was trying to find some information about the car. I, like you, started spectating and then marshalling at Ingliston in the mid 1960s until I left Scotland for England in 1976. I still have all my programmes and a good many of the results - I am currently putting information together to send to the website http://www.racingsportscars.com/ which is trying to collect as much information about sports car racing from all over the world - I am sure they would be very interested in any pictures that you have of sports cars if you can identify the date of the meeting - would you be happy for me to append some of your photos to my information - I would of course credit you as the photographer.

I was also present at the first few meetings at Knockhill and also the mud bath that was the very first Rallycross meeting there and also at the first Doune Hillclimb in 1968 and many others after.

My great regret is that I did not have a camera to take photos in those days and so your selection is a wonderful memory-jerker for me.

Best wishes

John Brown
jmbroons@ntlworld.com

Name: Nathan
E-mail: nath-in-oz@hotmail.com
Sent: 04/28/2014 08:04:46 pm

Hi all,

I just came across this great little website and although i have never been to the track, a carthat i own has.

On the pictures page for 1981, on the 3rd picture of the cars pulling off the grid with the caption 'Start of the GT race at the April Ingliston meeting, with Harry Simpson's Davrian leading away'

Im almost 100% sure that the car infront of the red mini is my mk3 Davrian. It used to be raced by Kenny Coleman through the 70's and into the very early 80's before he updated to a mk8. The car spent its racing life in the 70's in the Gulf racing colours (Baby blue and orange).

Id love to hear any stories anyone might have about the car, or even better would be if anyyone had any pictures of the car racing or in the pits?

Cheers

Copyright © 2013 by Scorrybreck Web Designs. All rights reserved.

Guestbook Admin