Comments

If you have enjoyed these photos then you may also enjoy viewing some of the comments that have been posted by others who have also viewed this website - you can read these down below, note that they go over several pages! And if you wish to add your own comments then I would encourage you to do so, just fill in the details below - don’t include your e-mail address unless you wish me to be able to reply to you, I can subsequently remove it if you wish. (You’ll need to include the 8 squiggly letters for your comment to be accepted, this is a necessary evil to prevent automatically generated spam entries being included; also, it may take a few hours before your comment appears below!).

Thank you for your interest!

Guestbook

Note: Your message will be validated by the guestbook administrator
  Fields marked with an asterisk * are required.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 (15)

Name: kenneth smith
E-mail: kenny.smith@lowmac.co.uk
Sent: 03/10/2017 04:03:56 pm

great pictures Iain.
my dad (andy smith) used to race here in a elan/clan with Kenny Allen (his best pal) they tell me he was his only pal back then......lol
great times we all had as i could roam round the paddock as a wee boy and get a drinks and sweeties from everyone and sit in the cars.cant believe i am in one of the pictures when i hit 21 dad gave me a shot of the mallock round the track and i came off at caravan so race career over
he still thinks he could do the lap record to this day
good luck.

Name: Martin Orr
E-mail: martinorr1@btinternet.com
Sent: 02/20/2017 11:02:01 am

Hi Iain. Great photos and brings back lots of memories from my many visits in the 60's and 70's. Would it be ok to copy a few of them for my own personal use. absolutely no commercial interest with this request. In 79 I was the spectator hit by Ian McLarens car at the end of the Esses! A couple of hours in the Edinburgh Royal and back in time for the racing! My picture of it coming over the armco didn't come out for some reason!
Name: BILL PYE
E-mail: bpye61@hotmail.co.uk
Sent: 01/17/2017 09:01:04 pm

Thanks for the great site bringing back memories from my youth down south of great cars and drivers. I am in Hampshire, England, so Thruxton is my local Circuit with many others in easy reach. The SuperSaloons of the 70's are my all time favourites, the like of which we just don't see any more - great days! It's all a bit sanitised and dull now so a lot of us are lucky enough to have seen these wonderful monsters first hand and driven in anger!
Would it be ok to add 1 photo to the Special Saloon and Modsports FaceBook page and if yes how would you like me to credit it? Thanks for the site and your time.
Cheers Bill,
ps, You may know my brother Marcus from Autosport.

Name: Iain Nicolson
Sent: 01/04/2017 09:01:53 am

Hi Stefan, I have sent you an email regarding your Andy Barton request!
Name: Stefan
E-mail: hes1972@hotmail.com
Sent: 01/01/2017 06:01:20 pm

Hello!
I am trying to find som start program from Ingliston.
I found a picture of Andy Bartons March 772 on your page. I am trying to duplicate this car but need some more information.
I am having a March 76b that i want to race as F2.
Canīt find startprogram or results from Ingliston 1978.
D o have any or know where to find one?
Regards!
Stefan Hellstroem
Sweden

Name: kenny coleman
E-mail: kenny-coleman@live.co.uk
Sent: 11/24/2016 12:11:04 am

Yes that's my first Davrian, the blue and orange one, not sure about it being a Mk 3, I thought it was earlier, it had some ply board in it's construction!!
Name: Iain Nicolson
Sent: 09/20/2015 02:09:11 pm

Yeah agreed on all counts Kenneth, hope it happens next year with more appropriate cars. They need to choose he date carefully, I suspect this years was affected by Knockhill and Goodwood being the same weekend!
Name: Kenneth Beattie
E-mail: kandel1970@hotmail.co.uk
Sent: 09/20/2015 08:09:45 am

Re Ingliston Revival. Anyone else of my generation who attended race meetings at Ingliston as a teenager in the 60s 70s & 80s just a tad disappointed that there wasn't more 'period' cars in attendance? Don't get me wrong, it was a wonderful weekend, stirring up superb memories for my wife & me, also our son who we took with us to every meeting since he was born in 1976! Once again thanks to Iain for this great site, keep it up!
Name: Kenneth Beattie
E-mail: kandel1970@hotmail.co.uk
Sent: 07/19/2015 08:07:11 pm

Cannot wait for the revival!!
Name: Andrew Esslemont
E-mail: Andy1val@btinternet.com
Sent: 06/14/2015 11:06:04 am

I used to help build and maintain Bob and Murray Burgess V8 Mark 2 Escort, Formula Ford and also Stiletto Imp

Copyright © 2013 by Scorrybreck Web Designs. All rights reserved.

Guestbook Admin